The number of forklift drivers in Townsville applying for forklift licences has increased in the last 5 years, This shows the Townsville is a good place to make a living a fork truck driver and to eliminate deficiency of skilled operators.
If you are a driver who does not have a forklift licence and wishing to get one, here, we’ve provided that tasks you need to do.
If you want to renew your licence online, we’ve also provided you how to renew it using your computer.
For absolute beginner, read this tutorial and here it goes:
How to Take Forklift Training and Assessment
- Take forklift training course at an RTO you chose. List of RTOs in Townsville is listed below for your reference.
- Attend the classroom training and informal/practical driving. These two courses usually take 3-5 days to complete depending on the extent and depth of the training you need.
- Inform the RTO of when you want to take the theory and practical assessment. You must book for reservation of assessment six (6) days advance. WHSQ required all RTOs and assessors to give 6 days notification prior to conducting an HRW licence assessment.
- Applicants will receive assessment summary form and statement of attainment after successful assessment.
Lodging the Forklift Licence Application
Before you can go and lodge your application to Australia Post, you need to fully complete these requirements. Incomplete requirements will not be accepted and cause delay for days.
- Original F1 application form – complete this form and you must ensure that all information needed are filled up and supplied.
- Assessment summary given to you by the assessor when you completed the forklift training.
- Old HRW licence (if you have any) – if you are a holder of old format licence, you must submit this to transfer the details to the new licence.
- Proof of identity – you must complete the 100 points evidence of identity before your application gets accepted.
- Digital photo – your digital photo can be taken at the Australia Post, so you need to appear personally to submit your requirements.
- Application fee – pay the amount of $70. The payment can be made in credit card, EFTPOS, cash, cheque.
Submit these documentary requirements to the nearest Australia Post within sixty (60) days after completing the assessment.
You will receive your photographic and new format licence within 2 weeks after lodging the requirements to Australia Post.
You can perform high risk work by just presenting your Assessment Summary and Notice of Attainment given by the RTO and the receipt issued by Australia Post. These proofs that you have tendered your forklift licence application, awaiting its release.
Registered Training Organisations in Townsville
|Work Safe Connect
28-30 Bowen Road, Hermit Park, Townsville, QLD 4812
07 4728 9866
|Industry Training Queensland
51-55 Toll Street, Bohle, Townsville
P: 1300 872 462
F: (07) 4774 4344
| Elevated Training
Serves whole Queensland
0448 258 668
| Hunter's Training
610 Stuart Drive, Roseneath, Townsville
Contact: Kevin Hunter
0423 140 434
0468 771 973
| A 1 Machinery & Training Australia
Serves Townsville, QLD
0419 394 100
| NTP Forklifts Australia
23 Everett St, Townsville QLD 4810
1300 660 120
| Advanced Industry Training
567 Ross River Road, Kirwan, Townsville
(07) 4755 4222
1800 885 279
Corner of Hugh St & Fulham Rd, Pimlico, Townsville
(07) 4750 5211
(07) 4725 7008
|CTM Training Solutions
33 Ross River Road, Mysterton, QLD, 4812
1300 600 286
|Professional Training Solutions
132 Southwood Road, Mt Stuart (P.O Box 2274, Townsville, QLD 4810)M: 0419 793 063
|Martyr Training Services
4 Vanessa Court, Townsville
07 4743 3400
|Cairns Truck School
7 Ogden Street, Bungalow
Service Townsville and other locations
0409 471 817
|Get Set Training
50 Charles Street, Aitkenvale, Townsville QLD 4814
07 4779 3667
07 4755 2991
|Melloz Service Training
Service Townsville and other territories
How to Renew Forklift Licence Online
If you are in possession of an HRW forklift licence which is nearing expiration, you will receive renewal notice four (4) weeks before the date of its expiration. The notice will detail if you are eligible to renew it online.
You need the following: driver licence and card numbers as indicated in the card; the control number located in the renewal notice you received; applicant’s given name and family name indicated in the licence card; your DOB; payment in form of credit card, you need to submit the credit card details and fee may differ depending on the renewal length.
Upon successful application, you will receive your new licence ten (10) working days after.
You can also need to submit documents as proof of identity.
You cannot renew your licence online in these following circumstances:
- If you are not longer a resident of Queensland or have been contracted to work in other territories.
- If you are suspended to hold an HRW licence for whatever reason.
- If you have cancelled licence and disqualified to hold one.
- If your current licence does not have an “S” condition.
- If you are a holder of an old format licence (laminated), then you need to renew it in person.
- If your licence is just a learner’s licence.
- If you did not renew your licence within 28 days after its expiration.
- If you do not have your digital photo and signature taken. The photo must be taken in the last nine years.
- If you do not have a submitted medical certificate lodged to Workplace Health and Safety Qld.
If you opted to renew your licence online, you can go to this Application Link
Governing Authories in Qld
Department of Transport and Main Roads
13 QGOV (13 74 68)
13 QGOV (13 74 68)
+617 3405 0985 (+10 hours UTC)