With the continuous progress of manufacturing, transport, logistics and construction industry, skilled operators with forklift licence in Brisbane are in high demand. You need a forklift ticket to get employment.
The nature of work an operator is classified high risk in Australia, there’s high potential of accident at the workplace, endangering the lives of the operator himself and other people in the work premises, likewise, property damage could occur which means loss in part of the employer.
For that reason, rigorous training and licence should be possessed by an operator wishing to perform work.
Applying for Forklift Licence
- Select an RTO that will provide the training.
- Select the type of training course the RTO provides, depending on the level of competency, it may take 1 day to 2 days or more.
- Student need to complete the formal training. Lectures include subjects on health and safety, government legislations, planning of operation, risk and hazard analysis and identification, troubleshooting, operational inspections, and many others as required.
- Student must complete the training plan (list of tasks to perform), the hours and tasks should be logged, you will be provided with a logbook. You will do these at the direction of a licenced supervisor.
- A formal and practical assessment will be done by the RTO. New legislation requires you to notify the RTO 3 days before assessment.
- If student successfully complete the course and passed the assessment, RTO will issue certificate of attainment and AS1 Form to student.
- Student must submit in person the two documents together with 100 point Evidence of Identification to Australia Post within 60 days for your plastic licence card to be released. You need to pay the processing fee.
Where Can I Apply for Forklift Certification in Brisbane
An applicant in Brisbane, whether an individual or company, must hire a certified Registered Training Organization, they’re authorized and capable to conduct the formal and practical training and assessment. In case the company cannot let their operators lose precious work shifts because none can substitute to do their work, RTO trainers and supervisors could be summoned to undertake the training in company’s own site.
Here are the list RTOs in Brisbane you can enquire for:
Morgan and Sons
7 Albion Rd, Eatons Hill QLD 4037
Phone: +61 7 3264 1777
1/42 Paisley Drive, Lawnton, Brisbane Qld 4501
Contact Info: (07) 3889 2003, 0423 187 314
Serves Brisbane and other nearby areas
Site Skills Training
Forklift training can be delivered at the client's facility or at provider's centre
The Queensland Academy
127 Creek St., Brisbane, QLD
Phone: 07 3218 7398
The Driving School
Training can be done on-site or their own facility
Also offers refresher training to keep you up to date
Phone: 07-5537-8101, Mobile: 0406-539-613
Major Training Group
Provide training in areas such as Brisbane, Sunshine Cost and Gold Coast
Phone: 1300 790 822
Barclay Thomas Training Group
6 Chetwynd Street , Loganholme, Brisbane
AIMM Industrial Training
Unit 26, 315 Archerfield Rd,
Richlands Queensland 4077
P: (07) 3375 6699, F: (07) 3375 6799
The Operator School
Provides training in Brisbane and Gold Coast and it can be done on-site or in their facility
Phone: 07 5537 9244 OR 0424 198 492
Brisbane Truck School
Unit 5, 22 North Road, Wynnum West Queensland
For enquiry call: 1300 438 542
Serves many locations and has many branches in Brisbane
Phone: 13 15 52
WH&S More Skills
The Construction Training Centre Building 2
492 Beaudesert Road, Salisbury, QLD 4107
Phone: (07) 3183 0000, Toll free: 1300 186 308
Ascent Training Solutions
For training Enquiry: 1300 445 446 or 0420 583 297
For general information: (07) 3865 4926
HiReach Training Australia
Brisbane Training Office
28 Goodman Place, Murarrie QLD 4172
Total Training and Assessment
Service South East Qld, including Brisbane and other locations
ABC Driving School
Training can be delivered on-site with qualified trainer and assessor
For Bookings and Enquires Call: 07 3263 6457
Pinnacle Safety and Training
The national unit of competency TLILIC2001 training is two days, fee is currently $495.00
Call to make an enquiry: 1300 990 810
Licences 4 work
Standard Course $329 (weekdays) or $349 (Weekends/weeknights) Advanced Course $269 (weekdays) or $289
Unit 7, 47 Musgrave Road Coopers Plains, QLD 4108
Phone: 07 2101 2499, Fax: 1300 558 242
Service areas include Brisbane, Melbourne and other nearby areas
Has branches in Vic and WA
(07) 3106 3410
Aptlee Training Academy Pty Ltd
Unit 9/12-16 Robart Court, Narangba 4504 QLD
Phone: 07 3203 1144
All Lift Forklifts & Access Equipment
182 Tile Street
Wacol, Queensland 4076
Phone: 1300 729 077
The course is in compliant with National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work
Building, Room 1.02 - Evans Deakin Room
Construction Training Centre
460-492 Beaudesert Road
Phone: 07 3277 3282
Trans Training Pty. Ltd.
operate in both North and South Brisbane, from Caboolture in the North to Beenleigh in the South
Set Solution Forklift Training
4/68 parramatta Rd, Brisbane, Queensland
Training can be delivered in their own facility on at client's premise
25 Shannon Place Virginia Qld 4014
GL Training and Safety
8 Ryecroft St, Carrara
Unit 2, 1756 Ipswich Road,
Rocklea QLD 4106
Phone: 1800 367 524
Smiths Training Services
Phone: 0410 661 402
We offer forklift training throughout Brisbane, the Sunshine Coast and all over Australia
Affordable Driving School
Call: 3863 1399
Forklift Training Requirements
Minimum requirements before getting accepted to undertake training are as follows:
- Proof of Identification indicating name, age, address, and residency
- Applicant must be at least 18 years and old.
- Able to communicate well in English (speak and write).
- Literate to follow instruction and command.
Other Information Concerning Forklift Licencing
- Forklift operation is classified as High Risk Work, by mean, an operator must hold a TLILIC2001A (forklify) or TLILIC2001A (order picker) Licence, depending on the machine they’re operating.
- Forklift licence has validity of 5 years.
- If you want to apply for new licence class, you need to follow the same steps as mentioned above.
- Renewal notice will be sent to you from Worksafe 90 days before the expiry date indicated in your licence card. Submit requirements personally (the unsigned notice, 100 point of EOI, passport photo, and fee) at Australia Post.
- If you change contact details, notify the Worksafe Licencing to submit form.
For further information, you can refer to work health and safety authority in Brisbane, contact WorkSafe Advisory Service by calling 1800 136 089, or 9641 1444.